Who needs a Motorcycle Endorsement?
According to Washington State law, “motor-driven cycle” means every motorcycle, including every motor scooter, which is capable of propelling the device at more than thirty miles per hour (30 mph) on level ground. Basically, if it can go more than 30 mph, an endorsement is required.
Scooters that have 50-ccs are built to fit licensing laws limiting the speed to 30-35 mph. Other scooters can reach 40-50 mph, so with this in mind, Evergreen Safety Council is excited to offer Scooter Specific Classes.
We periodically offer both Basic and Intermediate Scooter-Only classes at our Totem Lake location. In addition to these classes, students may request to ride a scooter when registering for a standard motorcycle Basic or Intermediate Rider Course (at the Totem Lake location only).
You can request a Scooter for these classes at the Totem Lake location:
All students MUST bring to the range:
- DOT-approved helmet (ESC provides helmets at all its sites. However, students are encouraged to bring their own if they own a DOT approved helmet)
- Eye protection (eyeglasses, sunglasses, face shield, or goggles)
- Sturdy over-the-ankle footwear that provides ankle support and protection from heat and moving parts. Most work type boots and hiking boots work well, but canvas high-tops or slip-on-boots with elastic (only) ankle covering ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Full-fingered leather gloves with a sturdy palm of leather or leather like material
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket
- Long STURDY denim pants or jeans with NO holes or tears that allow any skin to be exposed
- Rain gear if necessary (class will continue during rain)
- Sun block, as needed
- Snacks and/or lunch, and non-alcoholic beverages
Terms and Conditions
- Must be able to ride a two-wheel bicycle. (Students must have this experience and balance to be able to take this class)
- Provide proper riding gear
- Be on time. Students arriving late to any portion of the class will not be allowed to participate and will not be refunded or rescheduled
- To cancel and receive a refund or transfer, students must notify ESC at least 6 business days before the start of the class
- If class is cancelled by ESC, a full refund will be issued or the class will be rescheduled (classes are held rain or shine)
Refunds/Transfers are not allowed if a student
- Cancels less than 6 business days prior to class
- Fails to attend the scheduled class
- Arrives late to any portion of the class or practice and is not allowed to participate
- Is dismissed by the instructor