Three Wheel Fundamentals Access Code
Purchasing this Access Code gives a provider the ability to give a participating student access to the program. An overall program completion card will be sent to your office in the amount of Access Codes purchased. These cards can be dispersed to students after passing the entire S/TEP Blended Learning program.
Students will need to complete the online Three-Wheel Fundamentals course in order to be eligible to participate in range training. The course can be completed at students’ own pace. Topics covered in the online course include:
1. An introduction to three-wheelers
2. Requirements and recommendations for riding gear
3. Features, controls, and indicators
4. Basic operation, including starting the rig, clutch, throttle, and brake operation, safe stopping, turns and curves, special concerns for sidecars, and parking
5. Information on advanced techniques such as evasive maneuvers, drifting, and flying the sidecar
7. Defensive riding techniques, including safety tips for inclement weather, freeways, rural roads, and intersections
8. Impaired riding education, including distracted and aggressive riding, as well as riding under the influence of drugs and alcohol
At the end of the course, students must take a quiz to verify their comprehension. Passing the quiz allows them to save or print a certificate of completion that can be sent or presented to the riding school as proof of completed classroom training.