Additional Riding Course
The four to five hour Additional Riding Course (ARC) assists students in refining their motorcycle skills and techniques. Classes are conducted on our ranges using our bikes.
The ARC is conducted entirely on the range. Students will ride selected exercises from the Basic Rider Course (BRC) that allow them to work on proper braking, cornering, swerving, and low speed maneuvers. (Please note, you can request a scooter – at the Totem Lake location only – only if you used a scooter in previous courses or plan on scooter only for your series of classes).
Who should attend?
- Riders who have completed the Basic Rider Course, whether or not they have passed the skills test, who would like to receive more training before hitting the road or retesting*.
All students MUST bring to the range:
- DOT-approved helmet (ESC provides helmets at all its sites. However, students are encouraged to bring their own if they own a DOT approved helmet)
- Eye protection (eyeglasses, sunglasses, face shield, or goggles)
- Sturdy over-the-ankle footwear that provides ankle support and protection from heat and moving parts. Most work type boots and hiking boots work well, but canvas high-tops or slip-on-boots with elastic (only) ankle covering ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Full-fingered leather gloves with a sturdy palm of leather or leather like material
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket
- Long STURDY denim pants or jeans with NO holes or tears that allow any skin to be exposed
- Rain gear if necessary (class will continue during rain)
- Sun block, as needed
- Snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages
Renton, Kirkland, and Seattle
*Retesting is available at the end of class for ESC training students who have failed their riding skills test in the BRC or IRT.