Frequently Asked Questions | Evergreen Motorcycle Training

Frequent Questions

You have questions, we have answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for in our FAQ section below, use our online submission form.

What is your Covid-19 Policy?

We are taking necessary precautions to protect our students and staff by following county, state and federal COVID-19 transmission prevention requirements. To read more about our protective measures, visit our Covid-19 update page. You can also receive updates on the situation by subscribing to our mailing list.

How do I get an endorsement?

There are two written and two skills tests that need to be passed in order to receive your Washington motorcycle endorsement.

To take and pass these tests there are a few options:

Class Options: Our Basic Rider and Intermediate Rider Courses include endorsement testing in the class. With this option, students will participate in the classroom activities and are provided with a motorcycle during testing. It is strongly recommended for brand new riders to take the non-endorsement Pre-Basic Rider Course before taking our Basic Rider Course, in order to get more experience riding.

Testing Only: If you have your own motorcycle, and only need to take the tests, we offer endorsement testing Fridays at our Totem Lake location. Tests are $50 each, for a total of $200. Learn more on our DOL Testing Page.

How old do you have to be to do endorsement testing?

Riders 18 and older may take the motorcycle knowledge and riding skills tests to receive a motorcycle endorsement.

Riders under 18 must take and pass an approved motorcycle safety course before applying for an endorsement. Parent/guardian consent is required to register for the course and apply for the endorsement.

Where does skills/knowledge testing take place?

Skills/knowledge testing is only available at our Totem Lake location.

How old do I have to be to take a motorcycle class?

Since a driver’s license is required to receive a motorcycle endorsement, we recommend students be old enough to get their license within 180 days of taking the course. In Washington State, 16 is the minimum age to receive a driver’s license.

How do I sign up for classes?

Visit our registration page to view our full calendar.

Why don’t I see any classes on the calendar? Are they booked?

Only classes with availability appear on the calendar. If a class doesn’t appear, it means it has filled and is no longer accepting registrations.

Do you offer three-wheel training?

We do not offer three-wheel training. If you would like to take a three-wheel course in the greater Seattle area, we suggest Cascade Motorcycle Safety’s courses.

Do you offer three-wheel DOL testing?

Yes, by appointment only. Please call us to make an appointment. You will be required to bring your own three-wheel motorcycle. To learn more about DOL testing, please visit our DOL Testing webpage.

Can I take a class without having a WA state driver’s license?

Yes. You can still take the course “for practice” and receive a completion card, but we cannot add the endorsement to the license.

Can I take tests at the DOL or would I have to go through the school?

Tests must be taken at the school, as the DOL does not offer testing.

If I sign up for a class and a sooner one becomes available, can I switch?

Yes, please call our office to switch.

Do you have a notification system that will tell me when classes are available?

Please subscribe to our mailing list to be notified of new classes when they are offered.

I added the class to my cart but it wouldn’t let me checkout. What happened?

Occasionally, when multiple people are trying to check out at once, the class will fill before your registration is processed.

What happens after I pass?

After three business days you may go online to add the endorsement to your driver’s license, or do it in person at the Department of Licensing.


Stay in the Loop

We'll share important information on the topics that matter to you!

Choose your areas of interest so that you will receive the information you need the most.

Evergreen Motorcycle Training