Motorcycle Safety Instructor – Contract Position (Weekday and/or Weekends)
Do you love motorcycles as much (or more) than we do? Do you enjoy teaching other people how to perfect their skills? Would you like to earn extra income sharing your passion for motorcycles with others?
The Evergreen Safety Council has a part-time position for a Motorcycle Safety Instructor to work weekdays and/or weekends at the Council’s Seattle-area ranges (West Seattle, Kirkland, Renton & Kent). The Evergreen Safety Council is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that operates the largest motorcycle safety training program in the State of Washington.
We are looking for an energetic motorcycle enthusiast who has a strong commitment to safety and exceptional customer service skills. The instructor is responsible for conducting effective training sessions for all participants.
The things you will do regularly include…
- Enthusiastically teach students motorcycle fundamentals in the classroom.
- Effectively demonstrate and guide students in their riding skills on the range.
- Provide a safe and productive training opportunity for all students.
Our minimum requirements include…
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You must have ability to operate standard motorcycles, sidecars, & trikes.
- You must have a current motorcycle endorsement and a clean driving record.
- You must be willing to complete three weekends of training.
- You must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance.
Surprise us with any additional skills or qualities…
- Prior experience teaching or training in a classroom and/or hands-on learning environment.
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Any experience in automotive/motorcycle maintenance, ability to perform minor repairs as needed.
The physical demands for this position include…
- Must have the ability to lift 50+ lbs. on a regular and consistent basis.
- Must have the ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods at range locations and in classrooms.
What it’s like to work for Evergreen Safety Council…
- We are an energized team of experienced motorcycle riders with diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
- We get a thrill out of seeing our customers learn how to be safe riders.
- We sincerely care about and advocate for the safety of our roadways for our fellow riders.
What’s in it for you…
- A flat payout for each class paid weekly.
- Weekend working hours with scheduling flexibility.
- Tax advantages for being a rider and contract instructor.
- Supplemental income doing something you enjoy.