Evergreen Motorcycle Training
Whether it’s your first time on a motorcycle, trike, or scooter or you’re a seasoned enthusiast, rest assured Evergreen has a program that will meet your needs and bring out the joy of riding on the wide-open road.
To legally ride in Washington, you must have a 2-wheel motorcycle or 3-wheel sidecar/trike endorsement on your drivers license. The number one way to get your endorsement is to successfully complete a motorcycle safety course at an approved motorcycle training school like Evergreen Motorcycle Training.
Evergreen is proud to be one of the top training company’s in Washington state. We provide training in five different locations in King county to serve you.
Many of our courses include the written and the skills exam during the course, the successful completion of these courses enables riders to receive their Washington motorcycle endorsement with no further testing at the Washington DOL. These courses are marked below with an *.
Our Motorcycle Training includes:
- Pre-Basic Rider Course – for brand new riders to gain skills and confidence.
- Basic Rider Course* – for new riders ready to train and get on the road.
- Additional Riding Course – for students that have completed the Basic Rider course but are not ready for the open road.
- Intermediate Rider Training* – for riders that have ridden in the past and remember how to manipulate all the motorcycle’s controls or want to expand on current riding experience.
- Experienced Rider Course* – riders should have at least 1,000 miles of riding experience before this course.
- A motorcycle endorsement for your Washington State Drivers License is required if you can go faster then 30 mph. We have both basic* and intermediate* scooter-only classes, or students may request to ride a scooter at the Totem Lake location only when registering for a standard motorcycle basic or intermediate rider course.
- S/TEP Basic Course* – for beginning three-wheel riders to gain knowledge, confidence and driving skills.
- S/TEP Advanced Course* – for riders with previous Sidecar/Trike experience and their own Sidecar or Trike with proof of liability insurance.
We do Washington DOL Testing for
ASL – Our motorcycle instructors have no ASL experience, but have done several classes for students with hearing impairments. Please notify us 30 days in advance of your class start date so that we may provide you with class materials to help prepare you for your class. We welcome you bringing friends or family members that would like to take the class with you and help interpret for you. In these cases we will provide the class free of charge for your interpreter. You are welcome to secure your own ASL interpreter for your motorcycle class, as we cannot provide ASL interpreter services. Please let us know 5 days in advance of your class if you elect to provide your own ASL interpreter, or a friend or family member, so that the instructor for the class can be made aware.