Pre-Basic Rider Course
Pre-Basic Rider Course
Introduction to the BRC is a 4-1/2 hour introductory course highly recommended for the True beginner or first time Rider. This course is recommend as an option before taking the license waiver (BRC) Basic Rider Course.
Prior to taking the license waiver BRC course this class will give you a head start on familiarity with the motorcycle’s controls, basic motorcycle operation and riding skills. To build your confidence the course is run in a low stress environment with individual hands on training from our experienced motorcycle safety instructors.
The course will begin with an hour of classroom with open discussions on motorcycle risks, the motorcycle controls and basic operation, and basic riding skills. You will then transition to a secured off street paved riding area for about 3 hours of on-motorcycle experience and training. This is where the student will learn how to control the speed of the motorcycle using the clutch (friction zone), how to shift gears, starting and stopping the motorcycle smoothly, and riding in a straight line at slow speeds.
We provide the motorcycle or scooter for the training course.
All students must bring to the range:
- DOT-approved helmet (ESC provides helmets at all its sites. However, students are encouraged to bring their own if they own a DOT approved helmet)
- Eye protection (eyeglasses, sunglasses, face shield or goggles)
- Sturdy over-the-ankle footwear that provide ankle support and protection from heat and moving parts. Most work type boots and hiking boots work well.(ie…canvas high-tops or slip-on-boots with elastic (only) ankle covering ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE)
- Full-fingered leather gloves with a sturdy palm of leather or leather like material.
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket
- Long STURDY denim pants or jeans with NO holes or tears that allow any skin to be exposed.
- Rain gear (Class will continue during rain)
- Sun block, as needed
- Snacks and/or lunch, and non-alcoholic beverages
This course is not a license waiver course, it is an introductory course recommended as a pre-curser to taking the license waiver BRC course. True beginner and first time riders will gain confidence and a better understanding to build on when they do attend the license waiver Basic Rider Course (BRC).
Terms and Conditions
- Must be able to ride a two-wheel bicycle. (Student must have this experience and balance to be able to take this class)
- Provide proper riding gear.
- Be on time. Students arriving late to class will not be allowed to participate.
Totem Lake, Kent, Renton, Kirkland, and West Seattle
$25 off a BRC class upon completion of the Introduction to BRC class.
- To cancel and receive a refund or transfer, students must notify ESC at least 6 business days before the start of the class.
- If class is cancelled by ESC, a full refund will be issued or the class will be rescheduled (classes are held rain or shine.)