Experienced Rider Course
Experienced Rider Course
Evergreen Safety Council also offers the (ERC) Experienced Rider Course. The ERC is a one-day (6-hour) course designed to help riders with a minimum of 1000 miles of riding experience and/or 6-12 months riding experience to further develop the skills necessary to avoid accidents. On-range discussions will include a review of street survival skills. For the ERC course students use their own motorcycles which will be subject to a safety inspection and proof of liability insurance and ownership must be presented before the start of class. The successful completion of this class (passing both written and skills test) enables riders to receive a Washington Motorcycle Safety Program Completion Card which is a waiver of further testing at the Washington DOL when they go to add the 2-wheel motorcycle endorsement to their Washington Driver’s License.
You must have an endorsement or instructional permit to legally ride your motorcycle to class or a testing session.
Washington State subsidizes many of our classes for state residents ($125). Please have your driver’s license number and date of birth handy for subsidized class registrations. Additional classes have been added at a higher fee to meet demand ($225-$250). Other than price and availability, all classes are identical.
Washington Drivers License – $125,
Non-Washington Drivers License – $200
Non-Sub Fee (regardless of age and DL) – $200
Passenger – $25.
All students must bring to class:
- Driver’s license and confirmation letters
- Pen or pencil for taking notes
- Their own street legal motorcycle
- Proof of liability insurance
- A completed T-CLOCS inspection form
All students must bring to the range:
- DOT-approved helmet (ESC provides helmets at all its sites. However, students are encouraged to bring their own if they own a DOT approved helmet)
- Eye protection (eyeglasses, sunglasses, face shield or goggles)
- Sturdy over-the-ankle footwear that provide ankle support and protection from heat and moving parts. Most work type boots and hiking boots work well.(ie…canvas high-tops or slip-on-boots with elastic (only) ankle covering ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE)
- Full-fingered leather gloves with a sturdy palm of leather or leather like material.
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket
- Long STURDY denim pants or jeans with NO holes or tears that allow any skin to be exposed.
- Rain gear (Class will continue during rain)
- Sun block, as needed
- Snacks and/or lunch, and non-alcoholic beverages
Terms and Conditions
- Provide proper riding gear.
- Be on time. Students arriving late to class will not be allowed to participate.
- To cancel and receive a refund or transfer, students must notify ESC at least 6 business days before the start of the class.
- If class is cancelled by ESC, a full refund will be issued or the class will be rescheduled (classes are held rain or shine.)
Refunds/Transfers are not allowed if a student
- Cancels less than 6 business days prior to class.
- Fails to attend the scheduled class.
- Arrives late to class or practice and is not allowed to participate.
- Is dismissed by the instructor.