Basic Rider Course
Basic Rider Course
Our most popular motorcycle course is the Basic Rider Course (BRC) . This course is aimed at individuals with little or no riding experience (those with experience should consider taking an IRT or an ERC course). The BRC is designed to provide the skills needed to operate a motorcycle safely and competently. Your training will include classroom instruction and a minimum of 8 hours ON-CYCLE training. Students at the end of each section will take both a written and riding exam. The successful completion of this class enables riders to receive their Washington motorcycle endorsement with no further testing at the Washington DOL.
We are happy to provide you with a wide selection of motorcycles for this course, but cannot guarantee a specific type of motorcycle to one person or that these bikes will be at a specific range. The motorcycles we have are 125cc and 250cc’s.
- Cruiser bikes: Suzuki GZ250′s, Honda Rebel 250′s, Yamaha Virago’s, and Kawasaki Eliminators.
- Dual sport bikes: Yamaha WR250r, TW200, KLX250sf, DR200, and Yamaha XT225.
- Standard and sport bikes: Kawasaki Ninja 250 and Honda Nighthawk 250.
- Scooters: Vino 125′s, Vespa 150′s, and Zuma 50. We have a limited number of scooters so you must request them in advance!!!
Washington State subsidizes many of our classes for state residents ($125). Please have your driver’s license number and date of birth handy for subsidized class registrations. Additional classes have been added at a higher fee to meet demand ($260). Other than price and availability, all classes are identical.
Washington Drivers License under 18 – $50
Washington Drivers License - $125
Non-Washington Drivers License – $260
Non-Sub Fee (regardless of age and DL#) – $260
|Class schedule*||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
*All class times are approximate. Check your confirmation letter for specific times.
All students must bring to the range:
- DOT-approved helmet (ESC provides helmets at all its sites. However, students are encouraged to bring their own if they own a DOT approved helmet)
- Eye protection (eyeglasses, sunglasses, face shield or goggles)
- Sturdy over-the-ankle footwear that provide ankle support and protection from heat and moving parts. Most work type boots and hiking boots work well. (ie…canvas high-tops or slip-on-boots with elastic (only) ankle covering ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE)
- Full-fingered leather gloves with a sturdy palm of leather or leather like material.
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket
- Long STURDY denim pants or jeans with NO holes or tears that allow any skin to be exposed.
- Rain gear (Class will continue during rain)
- Sun block, as needed
- Snacks and/or lunch, and non-alcoholic beverages
Terms and Conditions
- Must be able to ride a two-wheel bicycle. (Student must have this experience and balance to be able to take this class)
- Provide proper riding gear.
- Be on time. Students arriving late to class will not be allowed to participate.
- To cancel and receive a refund or transfer, students must notify ESC at least 6 business days before the start of the class.
- If class is cancelled by ESC, a full refund will be issued or the class will be rescheduled (classes are held rain or shine.)
Refunds/Transfers are not allowed if a student
- Cancels less than 6 business days prior to class.
- Fails to attend the scheduled class.
- Arrives late to class or practice and is not allowed to participate.
- Is dismissed by the instructor.
CLICK HERE TO SEARCH FOR ADDITIONAL DATES